My FULL Story starts on date 19/01/2009 - Story Blog Post 0 - BEST VIEWED ON A PC/LAPTOP as it LOOK LESS SKETCHY! Thank you for viewing.

To Translate this Blog into different Languages Please use this function

Saturday 20 July 2019

57. REMEMBERING FREEDA THE FREELANDER! THE CAR WITH A HEART AND SOUL THAT LOOKED AFTER ME!


"Freeda" the Land Rover Freelander was a car with a spirit & a caring personality of her own & she had HIV? Her engine caused excessive wear & tear & engine break-downs. 
Her Land Rover cam shafts were designed badly only to ever cause her engine problems! Like timing belt breakage, head gasket blowing... over & over... so some days she thought she was a tractor & sounded like one too & some days she would burp & fart the whole time we were going somewhere & some days she wouldn't feel like going at all! Sadly because Hornburg Land Rover overcharged on the service fees i ended up needing the Bureau of Automotive Repairs to investigate Hornburg Land Rover & ended up in court fighting about her as they reclaimed over charges i could not pay for. But i did love Freeda. Her engine had an immune problem (will always break down) like she had HIV! Even after the service fix it was said i might only get 15,000 miles out of her if i was lucky. Hornburg Land Rover located on Wilcox Avenue was trying to get her a totally new engine to resolve the problem but after 6 months they gave up & simply tried recalibrating the cam shafts (useless) which meant i had now been without a car for an entire year. Grrrrrrrrrrr doing the groceries & going to the gym on the bus or in style on my push bike. One day i got on the bus with only $100 notes & the bus driver just looked at me funny & let me ride for free. LOL. 


Wanna hear how Freeda stopped me from speeding & micro-sleeping? Please read on by clicking the link below.





Going to San Diego Pride party Sunday afternoon I was driving way too fast & the police would have given me a speeding ticket! I kept thinking i better slow down or the police will be after me when all of a sudden Freeda decided to put her "service engine" red light on & slow me down. When i took my foot off the accelerator she dropped speed, so i firmly held foot on accelerator pedal to stop her slowing down anymore, was now travelling at right on the speed limit & i was totally freaking out & worried if i took foot off accelerator would speed drop completely & then all that would be left to do is pull over and then if stopped would i need a toe truck, would i be broken down completely? but in the panic i kept on going, luckily not traffic to stop for going through Orange County & kept going until when the San Diego exit came near her service engine light switched off & I had full power again! Freak out over and no speeding ticket. Freeda now going again a ok. Lol

On another occasion as I was driving home from Palm Springs i was tired & started micro sleeping! Very dangerous! I was actually thinking i seriously need to get out of the car & walk around to stop micro-sleeping & wake myself up when all of a sudden Freeda let off a big bang & switched herself off completely. Lights & everything! I travelling with enough speed that with the engine & everything switched off i was still able to keep rolling until i reached an emergency phone. I got out, walked around the car, exactly what i needed to do in order to wake up & wondering what had happened! Mechanically minded as i am i didn't look under her hood coz i wouldn't know what i was looking at anyways so I figured I would try starting her... & she started first go! She just wanted to wake me up & not crash asleep at the wheel! GRIN :)


I miss her a lot. Sadly at Hornburg Land Rover on Wilcox Avenue, Hollywood by 2008/9 I sadly lost her. 
Rest in Peace Freeda. X X X.

Sadly i did have finance on Freeda too which luckily i reached settlement with the bank which my parents gave me money to pay out. Zachary Selig was guarantor for the car loan & if i wanted to be nasty i should have just left it to him & he would have had to pay the outstanding loan amount ($6500) & let it be his problem but i was too nice, but it should give me good karma. LOL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment